Chances are, you know about all the vitamins that your skin needs to look and feel healthy, youthful, and glowing, but what about essential minerals?
Minerals are the skin’s fundamental building blocks. It wouldn’t be an overstatement to say that healthy skin starts with minerals – without a correct balance of minerals, skin-loving vitamins and amino acids cannot be metabolized. Calcium is needed for vitamin C metabolization, zinc for vitamin A, magnesium for B complex vitamins, selenium for vitamin E, etc.
Minerals such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, potassium, selenium, sodium, sulphur, copper, iron, manganese, etc., have a profound effect on the skin’s key functions. That’s why rich mineral-based skincare formulas are so good at protecting, repairing, replenishing, and energizing the skin. With 21 potent minerals, the unique profiles of Dead Sea salt and mud make them world-famous beauty staples. They deliver the skin vital elements that work with the skin’s own natural functions, and not against them. They help the skin help itself.
The profound dermatological effects of minerals
Minerals protect the skin and its DNA against free radicals, harmful UV rays, and a variety of environmental aggressions. They help maintain sufficient hydration levels, slow down cell aging, support healthy skin cell behavior, and improve various skin disorders. Here’s how minerals achieve all this.
- Minerals act as cell communicators: this means, minerals tell skin cells what to do. They promote healthy cellular behavior such as assimilating the good stuff e.g., vitamins, amino acids, enzymes, etc. They also help prevent harmful substances from influencing cells badly.
- Minerals such as sulphur, zinc, copper, potassium, and magnesium stimulate the skin’s metabolic processes: meaning, they support the biosynthesis of much-needed collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid, keratin, etc.
- Minerals maintain hydration: minerals such as sodium, potassium, and magnesium are water-binding agents. They are hydrophilic and hygroscopic, meaning just like hyaluronic acid, they love, love, love moisture, and can hold generous amounts of it.
- Minerals help expedite the disposal of toxins and metabolic waste from cells. They also help to recycle damaged proteins, turning them into amino acids that can be used to produce collagen and elastin.
- Minerals offer powerful antioxidant benefits. They fight free-radical damage and harmful UV rays. They strengthen the entire skin structure and barrier.
- Minerals such as zinc, magnesium, selenium, manganese, and copper act as anti-inflammatory agents and help reduce redness, swelling, and irritation. They are naturally soothing for any skin type.
- Minerals such as zinc, manganese, boron, sulphur, selenium, copper, and magnesium act as the first line of defense against cell damage. They are pioneers of anti-aging.
- Minerals promote a healthy skin pH and regulate balance.
The list is long – when infused in skincare and applied topically, minerals become little miracles that can bring big results. The naturally occurring Dead Sea water, salt, and mud contain an incredible concentration of minerals, offering numerous skin benefits for any skin type and concern, at any age.